Cafe Del Mar for WiFi and Coffee. Finally figured out how to use SpotWalla to show my location history; I regret not having looked into this back in October.
And yes, Floating Leaf does make her tiny quilts while we're underway. There are periods driving down the ditch where there's not much going on except… well… staring at North Carolina over the lifelines. As long as there's no weather, it works out really well. Bright Sun. Beautiful Scenery. Mr. Lehman's Thunder.
When Red Ranger's under sail, of course, there's no way to work on art projects. The motion of the boat is too lively.
We'd like to go to a marina to do laundry. But they're imbeciles and don't have day use fees. Our only local option is to pay \(2.50/foot with a 30' minimum (\)75) to use the laundry machines. A taxi to Wilmington would be $25.
We need to work out the public transport issues to get to a laundromat and to to get a propane heater as well as replace our 20# propane tank. We tried using the Wave Transit web site.
Sadly, their Google Transit Feed has errors in it, so Google can't figure a route from where we are to a laundromat. We have to walk 1.5 miles to Eastwood Road and Wrightsville Ave to get the 104 bus. Then we should be able to take the 104 bus to Military Cutoff. Get off that bus and walk a short distance down Wrightsville Road and get on the 103 bus that goes downtown to where there are laundromats.
Because of the faulty GTF data, the routes involve a 2-hour journey around the outskirts of Wilmington, NC.
Zone AMZ252 — Cape Fear NC to Little River Inlet SC
Sat: NE winds 10 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. A chance of showers with isolated tstms.
Sat Night: E winds 10 kt or less. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
Sun: E winds 10 kt. Seas 3 ft. A slight chance of showers.
Zone AMZ350 — South Santee River to Edisto Beach SC
Sat: NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft. A slight chance of showers.
Sat Night: E winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
Sun: SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft. A chance of showers.
Seas 2'-4' is the one thing about this forecast that's unpleasant. The SE winds approaching Charleston are a bit of a problem, since they're be right on the nose; we'd be bashing straight into 3'-4' seas. We've wound up in this situation before, but it's really not something we want to do on purpose.
And it continues to get less and less pleasant through Tuesday: "Tue: NE winds 20 to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft." Ouch. If the N wind holds into Wed and Thu, however, Tuesday might be a good day to start run down the ditch. If the winds moderate, though, Wed or Thu might be good days to sail outside.
Hand-wring. Hand-wring. What do I want to bet on? Heavy Weather? Moderating Weather? How long do I want to camp here? It's cheaper here than Charleston, so we have an incentive to stay. We have no fixed schedule, so there's no incentive to endure a beating truing to go south.