When we lived aboard, we kept Red Ranger clean. It was easy. We were there. And we were otherwise unemployed. Except for sight-seeing. And writing.
The amount of small mildewy areas is legion. It's actually kind of insane.
We're starting from this ☞
The part is a vent fitting. It's on the cabin "ceiling" (the headliner.) It's the interior portion of a Dorade vent.
It's got this kind of haze of mildew.
That requires a toothbrush to get into all the little cracks and crevices.
This picture looks like it's just a slight change in lighting. No. There's some minor discoloration of the white fitting (expected after 35 years). But the mildew is now gone.
CA's doing each cabin. Carefully and thoroughly.
Which leads to this ☞
There's only so much vinegar water you can splash about before you just can't splash any more.
It's an important job, and there's a lot to do.
When not cleaning, CA's been rearranging the V-berth to optimize the space. When we lived aboard before, we jammed a lot of stuff in there that we "might" need. After two years, there are things in there that we never touched. They can go, now.
We also carried too many clothes. That's something we won't repeat. There's a right-sized wardrobe for a (nearly) perpetually casual life. And it seems to be pretty small. When we went back to work, we bought a few things that we'll drop off at a charity.
This is a view of two fenders and our rebuilt fender board. It's a 2×4 jammed inside a rubbery cover. It's pinned between boat and dock, and a little hard to make out in the picture. The previous 2×4 had rotted inside the rubber cover. Not useful for fending off a dock.
Now the board is hanging properly and we have fenders to properly keep us off the piling. And a pressure-treated 2×4 should last a few years.
CA spent two days cleaning. I spent two hours rebuilding this.