Too windy (and cold) to do anything. Rain was expected. So we stayed put.
Counting the days between today (Thu4) and this forecast: "Stiff N wind becomes milder Mon8 with a HI nudging offshore. The HI completely collapses wind Tue9-Wed10."
We're going to try to do laundry tomorrow, Friday. Then we're going to wait out some rain expected on Saturday and Sunday. The wind out of the N is not expected to let up, so the river is choppy and nasty and the temperatures barely breaking 10°C today.
Compare and contrast with August and projectile sweating.
Today we put rags in the dorade vents to keep the cold breeze out.
Zone AMZ156 (Cape Lookout) has this for Monday:
"N winds 25 to 30 kt, diminishing to 15 to 20 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft. Adjacent sounds and rivers very rough, diminishing to choppy."
The "Adjacent Sounds" might stretch as far as Pamlico and the Neuse River. We'll find out the hard way on Monday. Meanwhile, our Kindle's are working overtime to keep us in reading material.
Zone AMZ252 (Cape Fear) has this for Monday:
"N winds 15 to 20 kt, diminishing to 10 to 15 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft."
This seems like it's trending in the right direction from the current Small Craft Advisory through to Fri5 evening.
The forecast for Monday won't be usefully accurate until maybe Saturday. That's when we'll start looming at PredictWind as well as the NOAA marine forecast pages. For now, we'll stay anchored at 35°6.1884′N 77°1.9218′W.