Moored. Ball 5. 26°27.3728′N 081°57.0415′W.
Yesterday we looked at the other dinghy dock. The one by city hall.
Yes, it's hidden in a bunch of mangroves. It's far from everything: showers, laundry, bars, restaurants.
It's slightly closer to the grocery store.
Our venerable Fender Step died.
This makes it awkward to get down to the dinghy. It's okay for getting up, but down-climbing on this is hard.
It provides a little traction, so it's better than nothing.
The nearest West Marine is an hour away by city bus. So. We'll deal with it for now.
CA has planned the 14th through the 19th -- haulout and hurricane prep -- in detail. I'd like sail up to Punta Gorda some time between the 11th and 14th.
Right now, it's a little sporty through the 12th. It looks we'll go the 13th.
- 15th anchor near the lock in the Myakka river
- 16th arrive Safe Cove dock very late in the afternoon. Get rental car.
- 17th Haul out in the morning. Start hurrican prep in the afternoon.
- 18th-19th. Finish hurrican prep. Maybe visit Sanibel to see the nature preserve.
- 20th. Drive north to find our truck.