Today (Jan 16) we're enduring a big winter storm.
We're enduring it from the relative safety of Hendersonville, North Carolina.
Red Ranger is tied up at Cooper River Marina, in Charleston.
We can't really continue our Southbound journey until we can get out of the snowy mountains and down to the boat.
It's 4°C down there. Weather forecasts for marine zone AMZ300 include this:
W winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 35 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
We're not leaving any time soon.
On the other hand, we've been at Cooper River about as long as a transient boat is allowed to stay. So. We do need to get moving.
We've (1) got our truck from Maryland. And (2) taken the train across the country and back for some family events. Prevent COVID-19 spread is nerve-wracking. We've been disease free, and continue to test negative.
Now, we're ready to move south. Which means waiting for better weather in the mountains.