Scout came back from the dinghy doctor on Friday.
With some difficulty, we pumped out Red Ranger’s holding tank. The wind was blowing directly off the pier. The pumpout area is bounded by two gigantic dolphins. Instead of easing up to the dock at a gentle angle, we have to put the bow right into the pilings.
Perhaps forward power while turning away from the dock with an aft spring secured up near the bow might bring us parallel to the dock. Might. We didn’t try it. Instead, we muscled her in just hauling the spring until the stern got close enough.
After that excitement, we were pleased to resume our anchorage near Hospital Point.
Saturday, we could take Scout into town again. The water was flat so we could come up on plane and roar across the river in the cool morning air. The dock is a convenience. But an early morning dinghy ride is a delight.
Last night it seemed like Scout’s patch wasn't holding.
Today, we found the place where her newest patch is not holding at all.
Harborfest is coming up. Getting to the Waterside dock is impossible: they’re booked.
Not sure how we’ll get her to the dinghy doctor when all the docks are full. I think we’ll be pumping the port tube for each trip until we find a marina that’s not booked solid for the next 10 days.
Maybe it’s time to go to Hampton where the dockage is cheaper and less likely to be booked solid. Or maybe we can push the envelope at North Landing and spend a week there where we’re supposed to be limited to 24 hours.